The G&L Legacy HSS RMC delivers the performance of the Legacy HSS with a sleeker vibe, thanks to its Rear Mount Controls (RMC) and no pickguard to hide that gorgeous finish. Its G&L AW4470 Alnico 5 bridge humbucker has the perfect amout of heat to complement the vintage alnico G&L CLF-100 single coils in the neck and middle positions, plus its splittable bridge humbucker does a convincing job as a single coil with rich, ringing harmonics. All this adds up to an ideal balance that’ll let it play well in a variety of settings.
The Legacy HSS RMC brings all of the Legacy features, starting with Leo’s PTB™ (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups for dramatically more variety than the vintage setup, while the treble pot has a push/pull coil-split for the bridge humbucker. What’s more, the Legacy HSS RMC features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm. The Legacy HSS RMC’s hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, comfortable 9 1/2″ radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets for silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
If you’re looking for that extra power and stage presence to properly rock the house but don’t want to stray too far from a traditional experience, then you owe it to yourself to check out the Legacy HSS RMC.
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Neck Wood: Hard-Rock Maple with Clear Satin Finish
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Finish: Blackburst w/Black Painted Headstock
- Inlays: Pearl Dot
- Pickguard: N/A
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Pickups: CLF-100 Alnico Single Coils in Neck and Middle Position, AW4470 in Bridge Position
- Neck Profile: G&L Modern Classic
- Fretboard Radius: 9 1/2"
- Nut Material: Natural Bone
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% Nickel Silver
- Tuning Keys 12:1 Ratio, Sealed-Back
- Bridge: Leo Fender-Designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum Vibrato with Forged Brass Saddles
- Controls: 5-Position Pickup Selector, Volume, Treble, Bass (PTB System)
- Case: Deluxe Tolex Hardshell