After introducing the popular TightMetal Pro™ distortion pedal in 2013, Amptweaker™ immediately received many requests for a two button Rock distortion. With its included Fat and Smooth switches, the BigRock Pro™ can get all the familiar tones from our popular TightRock and FatRock pedals, and many more. Unlike most distortion pedals with boost, the BigRock Pro includes 2 Boost knobs, one before and one after the distortion.....so it’s easy to boost the gain AND volume, for the perfect solo tone. There’s also a Midboost button that works with the output Boost knob, to help solos cut through the mix.
Developed while designing the FatRock 'tweaked' version of the TightRock, the BigRock Pro has a Smooth Edge switch which cuts the high end sizzle for a warmer edge, and 2 Fat switches for either the normal or Boosted tones to have a thicker attack with a bit more compression, like the FatRock pedal. There's also a High Gain switch to select between Vintage sounding blues rock or heavier modern rock gain. The added three band EQ allows for much tonal variation, with its PlexEQ button for more traditional stack tone. Our standard noise gate from the original TightRock is also included, with 2 separate internal adjustments to help tweak the feel of the gate.
Amptweaker pedals are known for effects loops, and this one has 3: a universal loop, another active with the boost, and our popular SideTrak loop which activates when the pedal is OFF, to automatically shut off clean effects.
Another cool use for the SideTrak is to use it to switch between amps....if the Send is sent to a 'clean' amp, and the Return left unplugged, then the output of the BigRock Pro will be muted when the pedal is off. So you can send the output to your favorite half stack rig, while using your favorite clean amp on the SideTrak Send, for a one button A/B system.
Another cool SideTrak trick is that if you only plug in the SideTrak Send, and don't plug in the Return, then that Sent dry signal can be sent to another amp.....meaning you could have the BigRock Pro going through a 412 halfstack while sending the clean tone to a Twin or some other clean amp. All this ability comes from two simple jacks on the side of the pedal!
|It can be used to add a compressor, chorus or chain of effects that only works when you play clean, or to switch to another distortion pedal to use for an alternate rhythm sound...all without having to hit more than one switch....it’s like having a built-in A/B box. A green LED alternates with the normal red one to indicate that the loop is active when the pedal is bypassed.
- Dual Lit Boost controls via Boost footswitch
- 3 Band EQ, w/ Smooth Edge sw. and PlexEQ sw.
- 3 effects loops....Universal, Boost with Pre/Post switches, and the SideTrak loop that works when the pedal is OFF! Patch in clean effects
- Gain, Tight & Volume Controls
- High Gain switch for heavier tones, off for more vintage blues rock tones
- Noise Gate switch, with internal adjustment, tracks gain
- Added adjustable internal input noise gate for even more gating
- Mid switch with PlexEQ setting
- Mid Boost switch tweaks Boost to punch through
- Internal Fat switches for warmer Rhythm and/or Boost tones
- Can be used as a preamp, or into a clean channel
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Runs on 9V-18V batteries or supplies–like 'variacing' your amp up and down, or similar to 50W versus 100W tone
- Current: 18mA with 1 or 2-9V batteries, 22mA with 9V adapter, 24mA with 18V adapter(adapters add knob LEDs....internal switch disconnects 1-9V battery clip
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Weight: 3 pounds, Dimensions: 5.625"W X 5"D X 2.125"H
- Handmade in the USA
- 5 Year Limited Warranty