One of the original models in Cordoba’s Luthier series, the Cordoba C9 is built with a solid Canadian cedar top and solid mahogany back and sides. The C9 features a fan bracing pattern, which gives the center of the soundboard more surface area to vibrate and respond to the tension of the strings. A more responsive soundboard makes the guitar louder, and provides better tone. The C9 is the perfect choice for the serious classical guitarist, or for any player looking to upgrade to a concert-level instrument at an affordable price.
Like every guitar in the Luthier series, the C9 is built with Spanish heel construction, where the top of the guitar is attached to the neck, the sides are added next, and the guitar’s body is sealed by the installation of the back. This construction feature allows the entire instrument to vibrate as one unified piece. The C9 has the neck shape and flat fingerboard characteristic of traditional classical guitars, and includes the added benefit of a two-way truss rod built into the neck.
Aesthetic touches like the pearloid weave rosette inspired by a 1920’s Domingo Esteso guitar add a touch of vintage elegance to this best-seller. Other premium features include an rosewood fingerboard, rosewood bridge, high gloss finish, and Savarez Cristal Corum strings. The C9 includes Cordoba’s lightweight polyfoam case.
- Top: Solid Canadian Cedar
- Back and Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding / Indian rosewood bridge
- Rosette: Pearloid "Esteso" weave
- Finish: High Gloss PU
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck / Rosewood fingerboard
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width: 52mm (2.04")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing
- Strings: Savarez Cristal Corum High Tension 500CJ
- Case: Cordoba Polyfoam Case