Annual Restring Event and Food Drive 2022
October 20, 2022
Is your guitar in need of a fresh set of strings? Would you like to get those strings for free? That was a silly question, of course you would! Well we are so excited to announce that our free restring day food drive event is back again for 2021! On November 6th from 10 am - 5 pm we will restring your guitar for free with your donation of 6 or more non-perishable food items to our food drive! The service includes a new set of strings installed by our expert technicians as well as a nice clean and polish of your instrument and a final tuning so your guitar is in tip-top shape!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What if I have more than one guitar?
- We are happy to restring as many guitars as you have! Just donate 6 cans of food for each guitar you want restrung. However, due to limited supply of free strings available, we are limiting the number to 3 free guitar restrings per person. If you have more than 3 guitars that you would like restrung, we will offer a discount off of whatever string set you would like and perform the labor for free.
What if I play a stringed instrument that is not a guitar?
- We won't leave you out of the fun! While we do not have any free strings for other instruments, we will offer you a great discount off of your strings and perform the labor for free with your donation of 6 or more non-perishable food items!
What about drummers?
- We are always trying to think of ways to include drummers in this event, and this year we have found a way! You can receive a free 14" Evans UV2 Coated Snare Head with donation of 6 or more cans of food! Quantities are limited, but once they are gone we will have free drum sticks available for you with your food donation!
How long will it take you to restring my guitar?
- Okay, this question is a little tricky. The answer really is it depends. All restrings are done on a first come first serve basis, so if you are the first one in the door we can get that turned around for you quickly, but as the day goes on and more instruments get checked in our turn around time will increase. While we will do everything in our power to get the service done as quickly as possible, we cannot guarantee that every instrument will be finished the same day, some will have to be finished early the next week due to demand.
What if my guitar needs more than just a restring?
- Not a problem! We are a full service shop so we can help you with whatever problem your instrument may be having! If you need more service done than just a restring, we will get your guitar checked into our repair system and will deduct the cost of the restring service and still give you free strings with your donation of 6 cans of food! Do be aware that we are only doing restring services on November 6th, so anything that is more than a restring will be done the following week.
Where do you donate the food at the end of the food drive?
- We take all the food from our food drive to our local branch of the Utah Food Bank. Catholic Community Services operates our local food pantry. If you or someone you know could use the services of the Utah Food Bank you can visit the food pantry located at 2504 F Ave in Ogden and they will be glad to help.
Why do you do this event?
- Every year we do a food drive for the entire month of November so that we can give back to the community that supports us. We choose to do a food drive at this time of year because many families who do not have access to food especially struggle at the holiday season and it is also a time of year when food pantries are most in demand. Since we do the food drive throughout the entire month of November it allows us to take the food for donation after the shelves have been depleted from Thanksgiving and help replenish in time for families to be able to have food for the Christmas season and beyond. And we don't just rely on customer donations, many of our staff members and their families choose to donate food as well because we want to do everything we can to give back to our community in a meaningful way. We choose to offer free restrings as a donation incentive because we want to thank our customers who choose to donate to our food drive by giving back to them as well, and everyone loves getting fresh strings on their instrument! Everything about this event is really to give back to the people and community who support us throughout the year, we are so incredibly grateful for our amazing customers and the wonderful community that we get to operate in.
So mark your calendars and stop by our store, located at 4598 S 700 W Riverdale, Utah, on Saturday, November 6th from 10 am to 5 pm to receive a free restring with your food donation!