When we were visiting the G&L factory during our NAMM trip in April 2023, our sales manager, Ron, let us in on a little project they were working on in conjunction with Mason over at Vertex Effects, and that was to build a 'Super Tele' guitar with a Seymour Duncan SH-55 humbucker in the neck position, a G&L S-500 MFD reverse wound single coil in the middle position, and a G&L ASAT Classic MFD single coil in the bridge position to create a super versatile guitar that will do great with any style of playing.
We were so intrigued by the idea that when Ron informed us that they had an extra body already routed out for another one of these guitars, we snatched it up to build one for our customers. In terms of Custom Shop choices we knew we wanted to pick a really cool color for this project, we typically gravitate towards blues as they always turn out just so amazing, so our initial choice was to build this guitar in Sonic Blue. About a week after choosing the color, Ron sent over an email saying they had brought in a custom color for another project and had just enough to do one more guitar with it and asked if we would want to switch this build to be done in the custom Audi Blue or Turbo Blue (they have called it both). Upon seeing the pictures of this color we knew it was going to be amazing. We paired that with white top binding and wanted to have it lightly aged. From there, we trusted the rest of the Custom Shop options to Ron and the Custom Shop team. They chose a maple neck for this project and stained it in a gorgeous dark toffee satin finish with classic black dot inlays.
This guitar features an ultra lightweight Swamp Ash body weighing in at just 7 lbs overall.
The electronics controls on this guitar feature a 5 way blade pickup selector to select individual pickups or a combination of pickups. It has typical volume and tone controls, a push/pull coil tap, and an expander switch for even more pickup combinations!
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Finish: Dark Toffee Satin
- Fretboard: Maple
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Nut Type: Bone
- Neck Profile: Modern Classic
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Frets: 22
- Inlays: Dots
- Tuning Machines: 12:1 Ratio, Sealed Back
- Hardware: Light Aged Nickel
- Bridge: Traditional Boxed-Steel Bridge with Individual Brass Saddles
- Electronics Type: Passive
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover Humbucker
- Middle Pickup: Leo Fender†-Designed G&L S-500 MFD™ Single Coil Reverse Wound
- Bridge Pickup: Leo Fender†-Designed G&L MFD™ Single Coil
- Controls: 5-Position Blade Selector, Volume, Tone, Push/Pull Coil Tap, and Expander
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110
- Case: G&L Custom Shop Hardshell
- Made In: USA
GUITAR PICTURED IS THE ACTUAL GUITAR IN STOCK