While on a visit to the Breedlove factory in Bend, Oregon, our staff had the opportunity to hand select woods and other specifications for some custom built Breedlove guitars. This gorgeous Concerto body acoustic guitar with a Masterclass grade Sitka Spruce top and highly figured Myrtlewood back and sides is the second guitar to come from our hand selections. (The first can be found here).
As a tonewood, Sitka Spruce sits right in the middle of punchy, bold tones and light, harmonic tones; which makes it perfect for strumming and fingerpicking. While Myrtlewood tends towards a pure, clean tone with great treble response which enhances the harmonic tones of the Sitka Spruce top.
Aesthetically, we chose to keep this guitar fairly simple. It features herringbone body purfling and black binding. A wide abalone sound hole rosette draws the eye, but the most eye-catching part is the neck inlay, it features a 'Linear Fusion' design with a turquoise fill at the 12th fret. This inlay with a turquoise fill will not be found anywhere else, and it is absolutely stunning without being obnoxious.
This guitar also features a soft cutaway, which is a brand new feature on Concerto bodies. The cutaway allows for better access to the lower frets. Along with the cutaway, it also includes an LR Baggs Element Active VTC pickup already installed; so this guitar is ready for playing in the living room or performing on stage.
This guitar is absolutely beautiful in both looks and tone. If you are looking for a guitar to add to your collection, this is surely the one for you.
- Body Type: Concerto w/Soft Cutaway
- Depth: Standard
- Top Wood: Masterclass Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back/Side Wood: Exotic Grade Myrtlewood
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fingerboard/Bridge/Peghead Wood: Ebony
- Top Finish: Natural Gloss
- Back/Sides Finish: Natural Gloss
- Binding: Black
- Body Purfling: Herringbone
- Rosette: Wide Single Abalone
- Bridge: Delta Bridge, Ebony
- Neck Inlay: Linear Fusion w/Turquoise Fill at 12th Fret
- Tuners: Gold Gotoh 381 w/Ebony Buttons
- Electronics: LR Baggs Element Active VTC
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"