Each August members of our staff take a trip to Bend, Oregon to visit the Breedlove Guitars factory and see where all the magic is made when crafting their incredible instruments. While visiting the factory our staff gets the opportunity to select raw woods to be used in the construction of unique, custom guitars. The woods used in this guitar were hand selected by our luthier, Justin, and he also detailed out all the other specifications he wanted for this instrument.
Justin describes this guitar as a perfect all around instrument. The strong tone and balanced response of the Bearclaw Sitka Spruce paired with the textured tone and treble leaning response of the koa creates a truly dynamic tone which performs well with any style of playing.
The Whiskey Burst finish on the top really makes the Bearclaw markings in the Spruce pop out and the dark Indian Rosewood binding provides a beautiful contrast to the other woods used on this guitar.
Selecting raw woods for an instrument is such a unique experience and getting to see the finished product for the first time is an experience you never forget. This guitar turned out better than we ever could have imagined and we are so excited to share it with you!
Masterclass Custom Concert Specs:
- Solid Wood Top: Hand Selected Bearclaw Sitka Spruce
- Solid Wood Back & Sides: Hand Selected Koa
- Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony w/16" Radius
- Top Finish: Whiskey Burst Gloss
- Back & Sides Finish: Natural Gloss
- Neck Finish: Semi Gloss
- Inlay: Offset Dots, Mother of Pearl
- Binding: East Indian Rosewood
- Purfling: Black/White/Black
- Rosette: Simple Abalone Ring
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Upper Bout Width: 11.28"
- Lower Bout Width: 15.37"
- Waist Width: 9"
- Body Depth: 3.75" (Neck) 4.5" (Tail)
- Tuning Machine: Gotoh 510 Chrome w/Ebony Buttons
- Case: Ameritage Deluxe Hard Case