The WA-47jr is equally at home in a project studio, or in a world-class live room run by Grammy-nominated engineers. Achieving the sound profile of the WA-47jr requires honoring the past and embracing the present. The heart of the WA-47jr is the custom gold-sputtered, dual large-diaphragm, single backplate K47-style capsule. The premium Toshiba FETs in the WA-47jr allow even more top-end information compared to the original U47-style tube microphone, making the WA-47jr more pristine in the upper register. Boutique-grade polystyrene, Panasonic electrolytic, and WIMA film capacitors are used throughout the WA-47jr allowing for exceptional signal transfer throughout the microphone. Finally, the WA-47Jr wouldn’t be a Warm Audio product if it wasn’t a completely discrete signal path, no ICs here - just real-deal analog circuitry!
Adding to the WA-47jr’s versatility, the mic has three selectable polar patterns - cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8. The directional patterns are often praised by engineers for offering elite rejection of unwanted noise. A switchable -10dB pad enables the WA-47jr to handle SPLs up to 157dB, making the 47jr a great choice for louder sources like toms, guitar cabs, and overheads. Engaging the 70 Hz Hi-Pass filter makes it easy to filter out unwanted low-end rumble at the source - a problem that so often makes mixing more challenging. The thorough R&D process for the WA-47Jr allows us to offer a microphone that meets the performance standards of world-class audio engineers at an unthinkable price.
Elite Versatility, Vintage Sound
Recording quality audio often means that different artists, songs, and parts require different treatment during the recording process.
The WA-47jr is a highly adaptable and versatile professional studio microphone. Whether it’s vocals, drums, guitar cabs, acoustic guitars, strings, overheads, horns, bass cabs, there’s likely a part out there where the WA-47jr will excel and bring the “sound in your head” to life. Here are just a few ways that engineers and artists have used the WA-47jr to achieve fantastic results.
- Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (K47 style)
- Capsule Makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS Mylar (PET film)
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Figure of Eight, and Omnidirectional
- Pad: -10dB
- High Pass Filter: 70Hz
- Self-Noise: 9dBA
- Dynamic Range: 138dBA
- Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FET's, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors
- Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5%THD, 0/-10dB)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 KHz
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa Or -40dB
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
- Equivalent Noise: 10dBA (IEC651)
- Total Weight: 1.1 Lbs
- Mic Diameter: 52mm
- Mic Length: 210mm
- Includes: Shockmount, Hard Mount, Zipper Storage Pouch