D'Addario XS Acoustic Phosphor Bronze combines our most popular acoustic alloy with our most advanced string coating technology, resulting in clear tone, smooth feel, and superior tuning stability — all with the longest possible string life. Available in Phosphor Bronze for 6 and 12-string acoustic guitar, ranging from extra-light to medium gauges.
XS is breathing new life into coated strings. With its ultra-thin film coating on every wound string and a unique polymer treatment on the plain steels, XS offers our highest level of protection, for maximum life with an uncommonly smooth feel. XS also features NY Steel high carbon core and plain string wire, along with our exclusive Fusion Twist, for incomparable break strength and tuning stability. XS is the most innovative coated string ever created.
- D'Addario's most advanced coating technology allows the string windings to be completely protected from contaminants preserving a lasting, clear tone with maximum life.
- High carbon steel wire and Fusion Twist technologies deliver unrivaled tuning stability and break resistance. Strings stay in tune 131% better than traditional strings!
- Less acoustic damping than other coated strings, delivering true and pure iconic D’Addario tone.
- The inner packaging features a resealable zip closure, for ease of opening as well as storage of unused strings.
- String Gauges: .012, .016, .024w, .032w, .042w, .053w