UNFORTUNATELY THIS COLOR HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED, PLEASE VISIT HERE FOR THE CURRENT COLORS AVAILABLE FOR THIS MODEL. YOU MAY ALSO CONTACT US FOR OPTIONS ON DOING A CUSTOM ORDER TO MATCH THESE SPECS OR ANY OTHER CUSTOM OPTIONS YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN.
The new CLF Research L-1000 brings back the best of the iconic passive G&L bass from 1980. Fans of the vintage G&L “wunkay” know.
It’s that rounded, fast shape of the neck combined with the slick feel of an old gloss finish. It’s the clean, modern aesthetic of the original CLF/G&L headstock.
It’s the tactile delight of those beautiful CLF Research knobs shimmering from an elegant chrome control plate. And of course, there’s the legendary punch of the L-1000’s MFD humbucker in OMG mode.
Now take all that goodness and pack it into the slimmer mid-90s L-Series body shape for added comfort and lower weight, and you can make it through that 3 hour gig with tone and style to spare.
And when you’re on the road, you can count on the neck to be more stable than those beloved vintage wunkays, with a modern dual-action truss rod and twin graphite stiffening rods. Add it all up and you’ve got the best of the vintage CLF vibe with the best of modern G&L elements.
THE CLF RESEARCH L-1000: RETURN OF AN ICON
In the late 1970s, Clarence Leo Fender† was looking forward to launching his new G&L brand featuring his latest innovations including Magnetic Field Design pickups and the Saddle Lock bridge. Leo developed these technologies at his CLF™ Research company, and production of the new G&L instruments took place in the CLF Research factory on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, where G&L production continues today.
The new CLF Research L-1000 is a fully modern “wunkay” that pays homage to its roots with classic details including the early CLF/G&L headstock and neck profile, beautifully reproduced CLF knobs and control plate, and red-capped mini toggle switch.
- Pickups: G&L Magnetic Field Humbucking Pickup
- Body Wood: Lightweight Basswood
- Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple with Caribbean Rosewood Fingerboard
- Neck Profile: CLF/G&L 1 5/8" Slim C with 9 1/2" Radius
- Frets: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- Tuning Keys: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with Aluminum Tapered String Posts
- Bridge: Leo Fender-Designed G&L Saddle Lock with Chrome-Plated Brass Saddles
- Electronics: 3-Position Mini Toggle for Parallel/Split/OMG Pickup Modes, Volume, Treble, Bass
- Case: Deluxe Tolex Hardshell
BASS PICTURED IS THE ACTUAL INSTRUMENT IN STOCK