UNFORTUNATELY THIS MODEL HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED, PLEASE VISIT HERE FOR THE CURRENT MODELS AVAILABLE. YOU MAY ALSO CONTACT US FOR OPTIONS ON DOING A CUSTOM ORDER TO MATCH THESE SPECS OR ANY OTHER CUSTOM OPTIONS YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN.
When Leo Fender † launched the G&L L•2000™ bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and throughout its evolution the iconic L•2000 has continued to win the hearts of bassists of every style and musical taste. A decade and a half after the L•2000 shocked the bass world, the L•2500 five string version took the power of the L•2000 to new lows.
The foundation of the Fullerton Deluxe L•2500 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design™ humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone™ control system,* providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, Leo gave the L•2000 the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. With the addition of a meaty low ‘B’, the L•2500 brings a crushing bottom end that’s tight and well defined. What’s more, the L•2500 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. On the other end is a comfortable, C-shaped neck checking in with a comfortable 9 1/2″ radius and 21 Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets ready to deliver silky playability.
*Tri•Tone Pre-Amp-Active Bass Pre-Amp Circuitry. Treble and Bass controls, Series/Parallel Selector Switch, and a 3-position switch for pre-amp ON/OFF and treble boost. Incredible sonic versatility for any playing style from poppin’ funk to high-tech-fusion to pounding metal.
- Pickups: Two G&L Magnetic Field Humbucking Pickups
- Body Wood: Western Sugar Pine
- Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple with Maple Fingerboard
- Neck Profile: G&L 1.750" Nut Width Medium C 5 with 9 1/2" Radius
- Frets: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% Nickel Silver
- Tuning Keys: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with Aluminum Tapered String Posts
- Bridge: Leo Fender-Designed G&L Saddle Lock with Chrome-Plated Brass Saddles
- Electronics: Tri-Tone™ System with 3-Position Pickup Selector, Series/Parallel Switch, 3-Position Pre-amp Mode Switch, Volume, Treble, Bass
- Case: G&L Deluxe Gig Bag