The G&L Comanche® is Leo’s final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe. Fact is, the first thing you’ll notice about the Comanche is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Design™ Z-Coil™ pickups designed by Leo Fender† himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
You’ll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but what’s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the Comanche’s PTB™ (Passive Treble and Bass) system. What’s more, the Tribute® Series Comanche includes an expander switch on the treble pot to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT® Special. Talk about versatile!
The new G&L Tribute Series Comanche features one of Leo’s favorite pairings: the power of MFD pickups mellowed by the high porosity of a Mahogany body. Making the most of this delicious combo is Leo’s Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
The Comanche was the very last double-cutaway bolt-on guitar designed by Leo Fender, the culmination of everything he had learned during his amazing lifetime. And now, it’s available at a price within reach of every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- Body Wood: Poplar
- Neck Wood: Hard-Rock Maple
- Fretboard Material: Maple
- Pickguard Material: White Pearl
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Pickups: Leo Fender designed G&L MFD Z-Coil hum-cancelling
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Fretboard Profile: 12"
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Tuning Machines: 18:1 Ratio, Sealed-Back
- Bridge: Leo Fender designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato
- Controls: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system), push/pull expander on treble pot enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together