The G&L ASAT Classic 'S' is a factory-modded version of Leo's final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. The idea for this arrangement came from the Nashville session player scene, where players installed a Strat middle pickup in the middle position of a Tele and swapped the 3-position pickup selector with a 5-way unit.
When G&L's Custom Creation team saw this, they set out to make own of their own, yet with the distinct G&L flavor. They did this by swapping out the traditional Alnico Tele pickups with G&L ASAT Classic MFD pickups, and then putting a S-500 MFD in place of the Strat pickup. Putting a cherry on top, they added a push/pull tone knob enabling additional pickup combinations (neck+bridge or all three pickups together) delivering a unique sonic depth that G&L players die for.
The 'S' designation comes from both internal designation for this instrument, due to its use of the S-500 middle pickup, and "Session" in homage to the origin of this guitar configuration.
- Solid Alder Body Wood
- Surf Green Body Finish
- Boxed-Steel Bridge w/ 6 Saddles
- Rear Contour Body Feature
- Knurled Dome-top Chrome Knobs
- 3-Ply Parchment Pickguard
- Modern Classic Neck Profile
- Hard-Rock Maple w/ Matching Fingerboard
- 9.5" Fingerboard Radius
- Satin Clear Neck Finish
- Medium Jumbo Frets
- Black Face Dot Inlays
- Bone Nut
- Standard G&L Tuners
- Black G&L MFD Single-Coil Neck/Bridge Pickups
- Black G&L MFD S-500 Single-Coil Reverse-Wound Middle Pickup
- 5-Position Blade Selector
- Push/Pull Tone Knob
- D'Addario EXL110 10-46 Strings
- Deluxe Black Tolex Hardshell Case
- Signed Certificate of Authenticity Included