The sE2200: Classic Sound, by nay Standards
The sE2200 is the latest version of the award-winning cardioid condenser microphone that put sE Electronics on the map many years ago with its smooth, polished sound for vocals, voiceovers, and numerous instrumental applications
Made famous through use with world-class vocal artists like Amy Winehouse, it revives the spirit of classic studio microphones, and still remains a standard in mic lockers around the world.
Given the revered status of its predecessors, sE has remained true to the original capsule design, custom-built transformer and class-A circuit topologies, so it's still the same condenser microphone loved by a whole generation of engineers.
Handcrafted 1" True Condenser Capsule
Although the sE2200 is a cardioid-only microphone, two (instead of one) gold-sputtered diaphragms are used to ensure best possible acoustic performance.
Built like the world's finest musical instruments, every capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory in Shanghai - and unlike other microphones with backplate or electret designs, the sE2200 features a true externally polarized condenser capsule, and therefore delivers the best possible performance in every aspect.
Traditional Class-A Electronic Design
Its carefully selected, discrete components ensure brilliant sound quality on any source. The sE2200's design still avoids using an ICs (integrated circuits) and is built to excell - not to a standard. Low noise, consistent performance and high sensitivity is provided by state-of-the-art surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances.
Two Switchable Attenuation Levels & Low-Cut Filters
the -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide variety of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments... think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, the two low-cut filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
Custom-Built Output Transformer
Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE2200's custom transformer provides superb depth & weight to the overall sonic image, and the massively shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation.
All-Metal Housing & Premium Finish
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other affordable microphones, the sE2200's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
What's in the Box?
- sE2200 Studio Condenser Microphone
- Isolation Pack (shockmount, pop filter)
- Thread Adapter
- sE Logo Sticker
- User Manual w/Warranty Card
- Capsule Type: hand-crafted 1" True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity 23.7 mV/Pa (-32.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 125/135/145 dB (0/10/20 dB Pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 8 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 117/127/137 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation Pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 86 dB
- Low-cut Filter: 80/160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, Switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10/20 dB, Switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts According to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: <50 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 4.2 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin Male XLR Connector
- Dimensions: 51 mm (2.01 in) Diameter, 215 mm (8.46 in) Length
- Weight: 611 g (21.55 oz)