The X1 A: It Could be Your First Mic, But It's One You'll Want to Keep Forever
There's a New Entry Point to sE's Acclaimed X1 Series, And It's Breaking the Performance Barrier for Every Mic in Its Class (Again)
When it was introduced in 2011, the X1 brought a new level of quality to its price point, competing easily with microphones costing several times as much. But that didn't stop sE from trying to outdo themselves again.
With a newly-developed condenser capsule and an exterior based on the rugged metal chassis of the X1, the X1 A offers first-class sound & specifications at an even better "home studio" cost, featuring an extremely natural frequency response, massive SPL-handling capabilities (150dB!), switchable attenuation and low-cut filters, and a perfectly balanced sensitivity level - so it's at home on absolutely any source.
From Vocals to Acoustic Instruments to Electric Guitars or Percussion, the X1 A is the Perfect Choice for Any Musician Seeking a High-Quality Microphone with an Entry-Level Price Tag
All-Metal Housing and Premium Finish
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other "entry-level" microphones, the X1 S's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
Completely New Acoustic Design
The X1 A's new condenser capsule design is a work of art, delivering stellar sonic performance on any source with incredible speed, accuracy, and well-balanced frequency response. The electronics have also undergone a complete overhaul, and exhibit better specifications and sound - on and off the bench - than any other microphone in its class.
Attenuation & Low Cut Switches
The -20 dB pad switch on the left provides extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums. On the right, the 100 Hz low-cut switch helps eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, and compensates for excessive bass with close-mic techniques (proximity effect).
Gold-Plated XLR Connector
Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years
- Capsule Type: 2/3" Permanently-Biased Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34d dBV)
- Impedance: <50 Ohms
- Max SPL: 130/150 dB (0/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1 kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 114/134 dB (0/20 dB pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB(A)
- Low-Cut Filter: 100 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, Switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 20 dB, Switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts According to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 125 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 4 mA
- Connectivity: 3-Pin Male XLR Connector
- Dimensions (LengthxWidth): 58mm x 169mm (2.28" x 6.65")
- Weight: 390 g (13.8 oz)