When sE introduced the X1 in 2010, it redefined the potential of an affordable hand-crafted condenser microphone.
With the highest dynamic range and SPL handling capabilities in its class, along with expanded features that dramatically increase its flexibility, the X1 S has been improved in every way - yet is even more affordable than the original.
Custom Designed, Hand-Crafted Capsule
Just like its predecessor, the X1 S Utilizes a hand-made condenser capsule, meticulously constructed and tuned in sE's capsule room by technicians with decades of experience. The result: a capsul built like the world's finest musical instruments, and a capsule truly up to the challenge of recording them.
Where the original X1 was powerful, the redesigned electronics of the X1 S take its performance to a whole new level, giving it the highest dynamic range in its class. Its internal redesign also allows for improved sensitivity, dramatically increased SPL handling (up to 160dB), and a huge reduction in self-noise.
Two Switchable Attenuation Levels
The -10dB and -20dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments. Think: super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
Two Switchable Low-Cut Filters
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160 Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noises, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
All-Metal Housing and Premium Finish
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other "entry-level" microphones, the X1 S's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
Gold-Plated XLR Connections
Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted 1" True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 30 mV/Pa (-30.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 140/150/160 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1 kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 9 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 131/141/151 dB (0/10/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80/160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, Switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts According to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 125 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 6 mA
- Connectivity: 3-Pin Male XLR Connector
- Dimensions (LengthxWidth): 58mm x 169mm (2.28" x 6.65")
- Weight: 445 g (15.70 oz)