The WA-14 is a classic condenser microphone based on the early 1970's microphone used on countless hit records. The WA-14 utilizes a custom all-brass CK12-style capsule, CineMag USA transformer, and a fully discrete signal path. The WA-14 can be used on an array of sources, such as; punchy/warm intimate lead vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, bass, drums/percussion, strings/orchestral material, and many other sources. The WA-14 provides a realism and thickness that is true to the vintage microphone, but now at an affordable price.
The WA-12-B-60V is an all-brass, edge-terminated capsule that captures all the smoothness, rich top end, and warm vintage sonics of the original CK12 capsule. The WA-12-B-60V uses a variant CEK-12 back plate as a basis, which overcomes manufacturing limitations of the original CK12 capsule. The o-ring and housing of the WA-12-B-60V are all made from brass (no teflon parts), and the diaphragm is 24k gold sputtered 6 micron, NOS PET film (mylar). The end result is a very consistent, reliable capsule which matches the frequency response and tonality of the classic 1970's classic capsule.
- Custom CineMag USA Transformer
- Frequency Range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Output Pad: 0dB, -10dB, -20dB
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Figure of Eight, and Omnidirectional
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Features Custom WA-12-B-60V edge-terminated, dual-backplate, all-brass vintage CK12-style capsule
- 3-pin gold plated XLR
- Self Noise: -115dB
- Requires +48V Phantom Power
- Color: Black
- Includes shock mount, hard mount, and protective pouch