Washburn has been building mandolins since the late 1800s. Whether you're a bluegrass, Celtic of rock player, see how the addition of a mandolin can broaden your sonic pallet and add a new dimension to your music. For traditionalists, you'll find all the tone & projection you'd expect from their world class instruments.
The M118SW-D is a Florentine style (F-style) mandolin and features a worn/used look as well as aged hardware, ebonite tuner buttons, and a thinner satin finish for a broken in and well played feel. Only premium woods like solid flamed maple and solid spruce have been used in crafting this fine instrument. The F-style design on the M118SW is deeper than traditional instruments for more volume and projection and it has a wider nut, with wider string spacing.
- Top Wood: Solid Carved European Spruce
- Back Wood: Solid Carved Canadian Flame Maple
- Side Wood: Solid Canadian Flame Maple
- Finish: Vintage Natural Matte
- Bracing: Quarter Swan Sitka Spruce
- Neck Wood: Flame Maple
- Fretboard: Ebony
- #Frets: 24 Frets
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1-1/4"
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 13-7/8"
- Hardware: Distressed Hardware
- Tuners: Distressed Open Gear
- Strings: D'Addario J73 Light Gauge Mandolin Strings
- Case: Hard shell