Versatility, playability, and serious tone. YGD-Designed H5 pickups are defined by a clean, open tone perfectly matched with the flexibility of the active/passive preamp design. It's quad-polepiece design and Alnico magnets give them the power to drive the active circuit, and the sensitivity and subtlety to capture every nuance in passive mode.
Featuring an audiophile-grade active/passive circuit for the fine tonal control and extreme flexibility, the advanced design offers a level-matched output whether in passive or active and tone-switching circuitry mode, which seamlessly moves from treble control to master passive tone. high-quality, gold-plated parts are used for key signal chain contacts, providing increased conductivity and reliability, and an LED installed on the back panel gives instant indication of a low battery to prevent sudden power loss during performances.
The premium sculpted, solid mahogany body with a mass-optimized 3D design provides optimum balance of tone and comfort, coupled with perfect weight distribution. The neck combines a fast, ultra-comfortable profile with a 5-piece maple/mahogany, laminated construction for outstanding stability and excellent tone. Precision-fitted, bolt-on neck joint offers maximum adjustability and clear, punchy tone. Developed through hundreds of hours of play-testing, the refined neck joint shape perfectly balances strength, vibration transfer and upper-fret access. Straight string pull, from nut to machine head on the headstock, eliminates lateral tension for superior tuning stability and reduced overtones.
A high-mass, die-cast bridge efficiently transfers string vibrations to the body for full, rich tone combined with excellent adjustability and road-tested durability. Yamaha metal, plate-mounted standard jack sockets offer superior durability and easy maintenance.
- Neck: Bolt-on
- Scale Length: 34"
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple/Mahogany 5-piece
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" (250 mm)
- Fret Wire: Medium
- # of Frets: 24
- Nut Material: Urea
- Width @ 0 Fret/12th Fret: 38.0 / 56.4 mm
- Thickness @ 1st Fret/12th Fret: 19.5 / 21.5 mm
- Neck Pickup: Double Coil/Alnico V
- Bridge Pickup: Double Coil/Alnico V
- Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3-Band EQ (Bass, Middle, Treble), Active/Passive Switch
- Bridge: Covered/Die-cast
- String Spacing: 0.74" (19 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Covered/Die-cast
- Strings: D'Addario EXL170SL 45-100