Take multitracking and live performance to the next level. The Mackie Onyx16 is a premium 16-channel USB mixer optimized for professional recording, production and live sound. Experience impeccable sound quality, a flexible FX engine and seamless workflow for the studio or the stage.
Onyx Mic Preamps
Record ultra-clean, transparent sound with incredible accuracy. Our award-winning Onyx Mic Preamps are designed for maximum studio-quality performance. Create podcasts, live stream gameplay, or produce the next hit. No matter what you do, we want to make sure you sound great.
The Mackie Onyx16 features an enhanced 3-Band “British Style” EQ based on the same circuit used on classic mixing consoles from the ‘60s and ‘70s. This version designed by Mackie has greater filter control, minimum phase shift and allows you to pinpoint specific frequency ranges.
To create the Perkins EQ, Cal Perkins started with the Wien Bridge circuit topology inspired by the hallowed “British” desks of the ‘60s and ‘70s. This design essentially trades boost/cut capability for a wider, highly musical Q filter. After a mind-numbing amount of math, Cal was able to specify capacitor and resistor values that would give the EQ an extra 6dB of control (±15 dB) without excessively narrowing the “Q” or bandwidth of the filters. It's what we call a win-win.
- 18x4 Analog Mixer with 4 Low-Noise Onyx Preamps That Provide 60 dB of Gain
- 3-Band British-Style Perkins EQ with On/Off Hard Bypass Switch for Dialing in the Perfect Tone
- High-Resolution Multitrack Recording to Mac/PC via USB at up to 24-Bit/96 kHz
- Stereo Recording Directly to an SD Card
- Built-Like-A-Tank Rugged Steel Chassis for Added Protection
- Professional, Customizable Dynamic FX, with Multi-Parameter Adjustment
- Studio Command - Full-Color LCD for Easy FX Control and SD Card Management
- Waveform OEM Professional Software Bundle Included with Purchase of Onyx16
- Bluetooth-Enabled for Streaming Music Directly into Any Channel, with Streamed Audio Routed to Aux Sends or Main Mix
- Switchable Hi-Z inputs for Guitars, Basses, and Other Instruments