As one of the only mainstream acoustic guitar builders using a Spanish Heel or Integral Neck Construction, Cole Clark guitars have a tonal character unlike anything else we've heard. On other guitars, the body is made, then the neck is attached, usually with a bolt or dove tail joint. With a Spanish Heel or Integral Neck Construction, the neck is glued to the face, along with the back and sides so the neck is one piece all the way to the sound hole. This style of construction is essential for their advanced pickup technology and gives their guitars such a unique character. They also employ a carved top and back, and then use a ridge system to join the sides to the top and back instead of kerfing.
Cole Clark's patented pickup system is considered one of the most acoustic sounding pickups available. They aimed to find a more natural tone while eliminating the piezo "quack" often heard when amplifying guitars. The achieve this by using various elements that only hear certain frequencies which they are best equipped to handle. By using a combination of 6 loaded piezos under the saddle for a bottom end, a face sensor that can be blended in to hear frequencies in the mid to high range (350 Hz max crossover) and a condenser microphone shelved to hear only extreme highs.
Cole Clark guitars are made with all solid timber using mostly native Australian tone woods that are largely sustainable.
- Body Shape: Dreadnought w/Cutaway
- Top Wood: Australian Grown, AA Grade American Redwood
- Back and Side Wood: AA Grade Solid Australian Blackwood
- Neck: Queensland Maple
- Finish: Nitrocellulose (Natural Satin)
- Inlaid Timber Binding, Purfling and Mosaic Rosette
- Bridge/Fretboard: Blackwood/Satin Box
- Inlays: Snowflake
- Machine Heads: Grover Gold
- Nut/Saddle: GraphTech Tusq
- Fret Radius: 12"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53
- Pickguard Included Inside Case
- Included Tweed Cole Clark Hardshell Case